Mantis Digital Arts is an independent game development studio based in Brookings, SD. With our small team of six, we have worked with our partners to create games and other innovative, interactive experiences from the ground up. Our expertise ranges from mobile and console games to virtual reality experiences and augmented reality installations.
As an ANIMATION INTERN you will bring our games to life using your abilities in motion design. You will be working on a wide range of tasks including everything from designing and animating characters, and animating environment objects to creating game trailers, animating logos, and creating animated gameplay mockups.
- Original creation of both static graphics and animations for in-game use
- Designing and animating game characters
- Creation of static and animated gameplay mockups to better illustrate your ideas to our programmers
- Work closely with our programmers to ensure successful implementation of in-game assets.
- Make changes to visuals as needed after receiving feedback
- Create animated logos, trailers, and marketing collateral for our projects
- Contribute new ideas to the team
- Proficient in After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Ability to rig characters for animation using a skeletal system.
- Passion for games and game development
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Must be currently enrolled as a student
- Portfolio with animation samples required to be considered for this role
- Strong understanding of gameplay mechanics
- Experience with 3D modeling/animation
- Experience with a 3D package such as C4D, 3DS Max, Maya etc.
- Experience with Spine animation software
- Familiarity with motion graphics
Send your resume and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org